Spent the past few days packing and moving.

Spent the past few days packing and moving. Not my choice. You see, my roommate of 8 years, or so, met a guy in a bar last November and they started dating. Over the course of the eleven months they've now known each other she's broken up with him multiple times and even though at the two month mark they already started fantasizing about moving in together, I never thought it would get this far. For a variety of reasons.

Nevertheless, here we are. The two of them bought a house out in the sticks. She was very upfront with him from the beginning: no matter where she goes, Jason (me) is coming.

And so, over the months they had good days and bad, as any couple will do. But, she broke up with him, only returning when he begged and pleaded. The final time, just this past July he said he'd change forever and, surprising me, he has done so, thus far.

Regardless, they were only together this last time for a month before they began house shopping. Again, I never thought it would get this far, but she found a house she loved and they put an offer down on it. First offer and it was accepted. He sold his house to put the down payment on this new one and she's selling her's to give him some back and put some into remodeling this place.

Even though she was very clear with him, in my presence, that I had the option of moving with her, he has repeatedly made comments - not to me directly, but under his breath or when I'm in the adjacent room - about me. He's also extremely jealous, even going so far as to express his annoyance that she and I might have conversations he's not privy to.

Maybe he was in as much denial as I was, but here we are.

There are a lot of reasons why I still don't think they're going to work out in the long run and if anyone's interested I'm more than happy to create a private post (she is connected to me on here, after all) to share them, but let's just say: this isn't fun.

Oh, and internet is sketchy here so I'm not sure how much I can be online for the foreseeable future. At least from home. Hell, TMobile barely works out here, that's how far away from civilization I am. I keep roaming.

If anyone has any better job offers out there, please let me know. I need to get out of this mess and Denver's expensive. Hell, I'll even move for the right position in the right place.

Right now it's just after 10PM. I'm going to go check on Rufus, and see if I can't fall asleep in a new place.

Comments

Terence Reale said…
Awe, Jason, I am sorry to here this. Would that I could help.
Sibyl L said…
Be careful... This sounds extremely sketchy, and like the guy might get violent to get you to move out. I'd even go so far as to say - make sure that you have a person you contact every day, who will check on you if you don't check in. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.