I was going to go with microwave signal.

I was going to go with microwave signal. Many many moons ago my unit went to the field and some genius decided to take the microwave emitter and place it right behind the entry gate/guard station shooting "over" the guard station. After about an hour on guard duty one night I began complaining of severe headaches and nausea. Naturally my sergeant thought I was making it up and denied me sick call (seeing a doctor). I don't recall any sounds, per se, but there was a hum.

[edited to add:]

Something like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Tropo_Scatter_Microwave_System_Antenna.jpg

It was placed about 50 feet from the guard gate. The going belief was "it was too high to do any damage to you." Well, explain that to my splitting headache and nauseated stomach.

More, if you're interested: http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Tropospheric_scatter

Originally shared by NBC News

It sounds sort of like a mass of crickets. A high-pitched whine, but from what? It seems to undulate, even writhe. Listen closely: There are multiple, distinct tones that sound to some like they're colliding in a nails-on-the-chalkboard effect.

The Associated Press has obtained a recording of what some U.S. Embassy workers heard in Havana in a series of unnerving incidents later deemed to be deliberate attacks. The recording, released Thursday by the AP, is the first disseminated publicly of the many taken in Cuba of mysterious sounds that led investigators initially to suspect a sonic weapon.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/dangerous-sound-what-americans-heard-cuba-attacks-n810306

Comments

James Graves said…
Russians up to NO good..these filth trying to scuttle US Cuba relations..
Jason ON said…
...or any of a dozen other explanations.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.