I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have, roughly, 150,000 two-wheeled miles under my belt.

I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have, roughly, 150,000 two-wheeled miles under my belt. That's while living in a state that's impossible to ride a few months a year and the last couple of years where I didn't ride too much for various reasons. That being said, I always take it easy in the spring after a winter of caging it around town, both to get my skills and muscle memory working and to let motorists become used to bikes being on the road again.

Maybe one day I'll start riding a Slingshot, or something similar, but for the time being I'm comfortable on two wheels.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/wisniewski/ct-met-older-motorcyclists-getting-around-20171018-story.html

Comments

Wallace Roberts said…
I live where I can pretty much ride year 'round; that's intentional, as motorcycling is important to me. Also, I've been riding since I was 10, & I haven't taken any breaks (pun intended); I think that's key to surviving, that is, keeping your skills honed by using them on pretty much a daily basis.
I'm lucky to live in a country where riding all year is quite easy.
No snow or icy roads.
That being said, I agree that older riders returning to riding are more likely to become statistics.
Define 'older'.

I mean, look at that image above. Who thinks they are riding appropriate gear? Are they really ATGATT?

NOTE: Simply discussion points - keep all undies unbunched, please.
B.J. Ondo Kinda my point. There's also the statistic that you're in a crash every ~125,000 miles in any vehicle. If most of those miles are two-wheeled, then there's a point in any competent driver/rider that they will run across those that, um, are less safe.
Wallace Roberts Since that's not applicable in LARGE sections of north america, I'm with Jason ON on this one, daily riding would be nice, but isn't a deal breaker as far as surviving to retire on two wheels, etc. What's important is not getting complacent during the season, and not jumping the gun to assume you can pick up straight away at the start of the season.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.