Do you check Rotten Tomatoes before seeing a movie?

Do you check Rotten Tomatoes before seeing a movie? I'll check if I'm on the fence about spending $50 at the theater or waiting for DVD and sometimes I'll decide if it's easier to wait for the second-run ($1) theaters if I think the movie needs a larger screen.

But yeah, Hollywood just puts out of a lot of crap these days. I'm looking at you, #Transformers5 and #FastandFurious23. I haven't seen The Mummy starring Tom Cruise, but seriously, it's Tom Cruise, so who cares? I'd like to see #Valerian but just didn't want to this weekend.
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-rotten-tomatoes-20170721-htmlstory.html

Comments

James Karaganis said…
Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.
I think Rotten Tomatoes missed a wonderful opportunity. The scale they adopted is just like others -- zero is bad, 100 is good. Instead, they should have made zero good, with no rotten tomatoes thrown, and 100 bad, with 100 rotten tomatoes thrown.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.