Be nothing says religious freedom like choosing one religion over another.

Be nothing says religious freedom like choosing one religion over another.

“Those Satanists were causing a ruckus, but I don’t consider them a real religion,” stated Judge Canard. “However, Islam is a real fake faith. Muslims need to know that religious freedoms are the bedrock of America. Just not their religious freedoms.”
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2017/07/muslims-told-religious-freedom-isnt-for-them/

Comments

Bodhipaksa said…
A story with a judge named "canard" has to be fake.
Jason ON said…
Dammit, I fell for it because it was believable.

In my defense, I've never known Patheos to publish satire before.
patheos.com - Is This Satire? - Laughing in Disbelief
What do you expect from a site called Laughing in Disbelief.
Jason ON said…
Patheos typically publishes stories that focus on religion and politics or religion and society. I think, like the New Yorker, they might have decided to publish some satire. The second link I posted was one of the URLs in the article. So, that one page might have been "Laughing in Disbelief" but the site itself doesn't typically do that. Or at least it didnt.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.