I haven't had a chance to read this entire piece yet, so I'm parking it here to return to later.

I haven't had a chance to read this entire piece yet, so I'm parking it here to return to later.

Okay, I read it. Once more we're talking about giving guns, authority and a free pass to untrained fear-monsters.

"Charged by white pit bull. Officer [REDACTED], fearing being bitten by the dog, fired one round from his department approved shotgun at the dog. The first round missed the dog and struck the floor and bottom of the wall. Officer [REDACTED] then fired a second round, striking the dog in the left shoulder. The dog then fled under a drawer in a hallway closet. Officer had to get onto the ground to get a clear shot. Officer [REDACTED] fired one shot from his department issued handgun, striking the dog in the left shoulder. The dog then fled to the bathroom and hid behind the toilet. The dog being in extreme distress, Officer [REDACTED] fired one more shot striking the dog in the head killing it." —Detroit Police Department Destruction of Animal Report, October 21, 2015

Paul Wolfe​​
http://reason.com/archives/2016/11/15/the-detroit-police-department-is-running

Comments

Melina M said…
Jesus, this is sickening. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be one of the people whose family was attacked thusly.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.