For the record, and I checked, Costco does not allow #opencarry in their warehouses.


For the record, and I checked, Costco does not allow #opencarry in their warehouses. Colorado is an open carry state and, as a gun owner, I'm okay with such policies. However, I believe anyone actively openly carrying is just looking for attention or for an excuse to draw. Especially in a store. To my right sat a Muslim family. The father was keeping a wary eye on this man while trying to simultaneously play with his children and talk with his wife. I also kept an eye on this man as this is a #TrumpNation now and I fully expected him to start mouthing off at the family. So, I sat there until he left - just in case.

Costco suggests, if you see anyone open carrying in their stores, to find a manager and let them know.

WalMart, on the other hand, has a policy to follow local ordinances.

Comments

John Bump said…
"self-defense" has in many cases become code for intimidation.
Jason ON said…
Absolutely. "Get them before they get us."
John Bump said…
"I felt threatened by him being born black, so I shot him" appears to be a defensible position in some cases. I think that's appalling.
David Kutcher said…
I just don't get it. Honestly. Is that area a high-crime area?
Jason ON said…
Not even a little. This particular Costco is in a very blue collar area, though.
David Kutcher said…
Jason ON so then, for me, it would seem to boil down to either paranoia / anxiety, or machismo.
Dave Maez said…
He's wearing suspenders (and a belt?) and a backwards flat cap. So, I'm thinking he just got done with dress rehearsal for a community theater production of Disney's Newsies. And he's likely open carrying to warn off Darryl, his understudy who's just dying to take over the role.
Jason ON said…
David Kutcher​, knowing that area (just a block from where Rob Andersen​​ works, I'd definitely go with machismo and paranoia. I used to have a friend (as in, we're no longer friends) who lived not far from this Costco and he was terrified of Mexicans, swearing up and down how they were going to take over the country with their crime and drugs.

We're not friends anymore for a few reasons, his misguided beliefs being just one.

The area isn't bad and I'm sure there are great people living there, but the ones I met were definitely what one might call: Trump's people.
MTD said…
We have fraudulent return crack heads around here, but otherwise no major crime.
Jason ON said…
Mike Crumpler​, in want to answer you but I have a splitting headache. Please bear with me.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.