I think about this all the time.

I think about this all the time. Is technology making us dumber? Not just less knowledgeable, but actually dumber? This came to a head the other day when none of us had cell signal and I pulled out a physical paper map. My friend, a 36 year old engineer, couldn't figure out how to read it.

On the news a few years ago a woman drove into a landscaped pond in front of an office building because the GPS told her to take a left.

Has the ability for people to think critically had it's day due to the influence of technology?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/09/29/352496605/hands-free-mind-free-what-we-lose-through-automation

Comments

Colin Fahey said…
The answer is yes.Everyone is getting dumber.Everyone is relying on technology to do everything for us.
The Disney movie Wall-E is a perfect example of what already started.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.