Alright boys and girls, it's that time of the year again.


Alright boys and girls, it's that time of the year again. No, no, not shopping for Hallowe'en stuff (which I'm already seeing displayed) and not training for Oktoberfest, but rather, it's picture time!

What's picture time, you might ask? Well, Sally, it's when we all submit photos that get to be our new community profile picture. For the northern hemisphere, riding season in coming dangerously close to an end so we should all have oogles of googles of pictures laying around waiting for the world to see. 

And if you don't? Well, you still get to vote. ;)

Since we're on the second day of the month, let's push this out two days and say voting concludes on September 17, 2014. That's a Wednesday for those of you bad with numbers.

The rules are the same:

1 - You must own the rights to the image or have the rights to share the image. In general, that means you took it or someone you know took it and let you use it. New images only, please. Yes, that last picture was great and many people liked it, but we want new photos, not recycled ones.

2 - Nothing profane. No nekked people parts, no swear words, no nothing that disagrees with my delicate sensibilities. 

3- The image should have something to do with motorcycle riding. Company/Blog logos are okay if they're in the picture, but should not be the main subject of the image.

4 - Something, something, something I might think of later. In the event of a tie, I get to be the tie breaker. 

In the event an image violates these conditions and for some reason gets the most amount of votes, I'll replace it with a picture of my feet or hairy belly - whichever is most convenient for me to take after voting is concluded. 

This is important, so you'd better still be reading: Tag your images with #MRPROFILE0917 Without the tag your image doesn't count for voting.

Remember, boys and girls, this will be voted on by your peers, so make them fun.

Did I forget anything? If there are any questions, ask them below. 

Alright, here's one to start everything off

Comments

Quick, Someone post a picture that violates something above so we can all +1 it :3

On a more serious tone, would a picture I posted 2 days ago (not to this community, but publicly) be acceptable?
Jason ON said…
Mike McMahon, that's fine. Only pictures previously entered into the somewhat quarterly profile contest aren't eligible.
Ride The Cloud said…
Mike McMahon I take it that means you actually want to see Jason's feet/hairy belly?
Hairy feet as the display pic would amuse me greatly. And possibly be confusing when looking at my notifications.
Sash Walker said…
Not sure I should participate. . . again.
Sash Walker There's quite a few great choices every time...  Jason ON and the rest of the readers of #MotorcycleRiders  have a tough time with posting a knock-out photo!  I simply need to learn to take more of them.
Sash Walker said…
I submitted one of my hubs today Kenneth Thompson. :)
Jason ON said…
Whoops. Sorry guys. I became unexpectedly busy and didn't count this out yet. If not tonight, tomorrow, for sure.
Jason ON said…
... and then I realized tomorrow is the 17th. Ooops. Get your images in guys.
Sash Walker said…
I think the photo of Ireland was clearly the winner. :O
Jason ON said…
There's a photo of Ireland?
Sash Walker said…
Yeah, it was a photo of a bike on a cliffside road in Ireland, overlooking the ocean. Didn't you see it?
Jason ON said…
I haven't looked yet.
Jason ON said…
Last day, peeps! Get votin!
Jason ON said…
Alright boys and girls, it's down to the wire. Click the hashtag and vote, vote, vote.
Jason ON said…
Just a few minutes left and I'll be counting votes. Get your vote on!

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.