Yesterday at the dog park I caught a flash of light from the corner if my eye.


Yesterday at the dog park I caught a flash of light from the corner if my eye. I looked and found the source but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was making the flash.

Another walker saw the same thing and we talked about it for a moment before she moved on.

Could it be camera flash? We were a fair distance away and it was still fairly bright. I thought gunshots, but the color seemed wrong and there was no sound (silencer also equals flash suppressor).

The TV or house lights wouldn't flash this bright.

Anywho, what do you guys think?

Comments

Andrew Maxwell said…
Whoa, it is really bright. It kind of looks like a bolt of electricity, maybe a transformer?
at 0:16 it appears to be coming from both the upstairs and the downstairs windows. Beats the heck out of me...
Amy Rothstein said…
There are flashing dots everywhere as well. Do you have lights shining just in front of the camera that's lighting up dust or bugs?   Maybe there's a guy in the house who sees those lights, and he's taking photos of your lights with his flash on.
Jason ON said…
Amy, that's snow.
Jason ON said…
That bright, Cassius Wright ?
I'm pretty sure I can see a similar effect in front of the house to the right of the one you pointed to. Is it possibly reflection from the IR distance sensor of your camera off of the snow flakes?
Cassius Wright said…
even that far away, if the strobes were turned up all the way it could certainly provide that level of intensity.  i say camera strobe mainly due to the length of flash, intensity, and color temperature
Steve Ruge said…
I thought perhaps an alarm but you would hear the sound and see the strobe. I think it has to be a camera flash.
Jason Bayton said…
Someone stuck a knife in the toaster... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.