Because it's a reminder that there are despicable people in this world -- people who would screw over family,...


Because it's a reminder that there are despicable people in this world -- people who would screw over family, friends and loved ones for their own personal gain.

It's also a reminder that the LGBT people need equal protections under the law, not just placating words from politicians.

Via Erica Joy

Originally shared by AC Zul

Read & share their story. This is terrible.

"My partner Jim (left) and I (Lon) shared 34 Years together!! The past 6 years he has suffered from Alzheimer's Disease. He was hospitalized last year. His estranged sister filed for guardianship of him and won. We gave each other Power of Attorney, which she never revealed in court as I was never mentioned nor considered nor notified. 

She put him in a Nursing Home and had criminal trespass orders against me to keep me away from him. I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE HIM AGAIN! She got his bank account from Social Security Disability and sold his house out from under me. I had 2 weeks to vacate our home of 12 years. 

If we were EQUAL in the eyes of the law we would be together till the end. But as it stands in Texas, a money hungry greedy relative was able to steal our life and toss me out as trash to pad her pocketbook. I pray God has mercy on her soul for her evil deeds. I am content knowing the world is coming around to acknowledge that ALL HUMANS ARE CREATED EQUAL and SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS."

( Submitted to Gay Marriage USA - http://goo.gl/nT95m )

Comments

I have no words. I'm so sorry for this injustice.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.