A friend of mine has a co-worker who's one of those staunch libertarians mainly due to his ignorance on a variety of...

A friend of mine has a co-worker who's one of those staunch libertarians mainly due to his ignorance on a variety of subjects. I went to a party at his house once. It was the first and last time I ever met the guy in person. 

During our one conversation he proudly proclaimed his anti-recycling policy of refusing to even use the recycling bins provided for free by the city or to use recycling at the office. He also bragged about being energy wasteful and littering when and where he wanted.

Like I said, I've never spoken to him since. I don't think he's like it very much, especially if I'm not a guest in his home.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/30/1205911/-Conservatives-less-likely-to-buy-same-lightbulbs-if-you-tell-them-it-will-help-the-environment

Comments

Jason ON said…
Apparently if you waste enough energy you make a case for drill baby, drill.
Rob Gordon said…
I think dogma libertarians are almost indistinguishable from fundamentalist religious types.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.