Denver Botanic Gardens Lights 12-24-2012

On December 24th, 2012, for the second time since moving to Colorado I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens for their Blossoms of Lights event. The first time, with an ex-girlfriend, happened a few years ago and neither of us brought a camera. To be honest, she wasn't entirely thrilled with my desire to photograph my life and I carried the camera (my trusty Pentax *IST DS) rarely.

This time, however, I went for their Blossoms of Lights showcase alone, with the specific intent to bring my camera and tripod, so I could take my time and work on my schedule, not having to worry about someone else's concerns. I chose Christmas Eve thinking most people would be home with the families, preparing for the December 25th festivities. 

I was wrong.

Apparently, December 25 is a very busy evening for the Gardens. I was surprised at the number of people there and getting shots without  people turned out to be very difficult. 

With the overcast skies and the lights from the city of Denver bouncing back down, the sky really was that off-tungsten color instead of night or with dusk colors.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.