So, for those of you paying attention, last Sunday Rufus hurt his leg.

So, for those of you paying attention, last Sunday Rufus hurt his leg. I don't know exactly what he did, but he was chasing a squirrel and came back limping. No bone, no blood so I thought maybe he just over extended or pulled something.

It didn't seem to be hurting him and upon advice from a vet-tech friend of mine I waited two days to take him to the vet. That was yesterday. The local vet here said she thought it was soft tissue damage as there doesn't seem to be any breaks, bleeding, ACL or ligament damage. She suggested giving him a week and seeing if he got better before moving forward with xrays/surgery/etc.

She did give me some pain medication for Rufus, though.

Today he seemed almost normal. If I wasn't looking I would have sworn nothing was wrong with him. He's putting weight on it, standing on it to pee, etc.

Until a couple of minutes ago. I was walking around outside with him on leash and he saw a stray cat before I did and took off after it. He got a few steps before he started limping.

Fantastic.

Comments

Kyle Paul said…
Hope he gets better quick! It's hard to keep them from running but could be that he needs "to stay off of it" from the sound of it.
Jason ON said…
We've gone for one walk around the block a day since he hurt his leg. This is so he can do his business. Usually we walk 3 to 4 miles a day so it's significantly less that what either of us is used to. I knew he was going to see one of these damn strays sooner or later.
jerry robin said…
Sounds like he strained it, probably because leg was still out of shape, due to the lack of exercise over the last weeks.
Jason ON said…
It's only been 5 days, jerry robin.
jerry robin said…
Yep, too soon. Jason ON Hi ;))

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.