I think I vaguely recall hearing about this riot in Tulsa, as though it were a footnote or a small paragraph in a...

I think I vaguely recall hearing about this riot in Tulsa, as though it were a footnote or a small paragraph in a history book. There are so many things to day, but I'll leave you with only this: the atrocities that have been committed in the name of ignorance are mind-numbing.

_But that never happened. Insurance companies denied claims from African-Americans, leaving them with nothing but the clothes on their backs, forced to start over or leave. Blacks tried to sue the city and state for damages but had their claims blocked or denied, according to the official report.

On June 14, just two weeks after the riot, Mayor T.D. Evans addressed the commission, telling it that the incident was “inevitable” ..._
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/19/survivors-of-infamous1921tulsaraceriotstillhopeforjustice.html?_utm_source=1-2-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.