Last evening I was talking with a former neighbor of mine about the rise in overt racism, especially since...

Last evening I was talking with a former neighbor of mine about the rise in overt racism, especially since #DonaldTrump became the #GOP presidential frontrunner last year. My neighbor happens to be both a veteran, like myself, and black. On a side note, he also happens to be a former Navy SEAL.

Our conversation came to a simple conclusion that applies across society: we're stronger when we work together for common cause. Racism and homegrown extremism are not 'working together' but rather pulling us all apart, thus making our society weaker.
https://theconversation.com/the-rising-homegrown-terror-threat-on-the-right-78242

Comments

Mone T. said…
Is there an increase or is social media helping to get the information out more frequently?
I believe there is frustration from both Blacks and Whites. Blacks are frustrated about the seemingly unfair system that never send to change and Whites are frustrated with the seeming constant victimhood of minorities.
We ask want the same things; peace, freedom and happiness just to name a few. I honestly don't care if you're racist as long as you don't keep me from those things.
And I honestly believe there is more racism from the left than from the right. It's just more covert.
su ann lim said…
Exactly re: stronger when working together for common causes. The pledge of allegiance all American kids learned at school served an vital purpose...

Right from the beginning DONALD promised 'deconstruction' of the American society. Since he's been in power he seems to be doing everything he can to fulfill the multiple dimensions (campaign promises) as quickly as possible, by creating and widening chasms among diverse groups of Americans...., imo.
Steve Johnson said…
Didn't read the article, but I agree, that there's no room for racism.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.