Dear Google Maps, Part Deux

Dear +Google Maps, Part Deux,

A few days ago I sent feedback about a location. Specifically, that the location no longer held a certain business, The Salad Bowl.
Local Page

Let's roll back a few blog posts. Remember this one? I reported the restaurant closed via the Google Maps report feature and received and email stating the restaurant is still active? Well, Google Maps, you're at it again.

You see, I walk past this spot four or five times a week. In street view, do you see that space to the left of the Salad Bowl, the one with the tree? Yeah, that spot. I walk through that every single time I go to the gym and I go four or five days a week, depending on the week. You see that pet store next to the Salad Bowl? Look to your left. Okay, yeah, right there. Yeah, I shop there for dog treats, fish supplies and various other bits.

Streetview

One might say I'm fairly well versed in that corner of the strip mall. And yet, I receive this email from you:
From: "Google Maps" <noreply-local-issues@google.com>
Date: Aug 5, 2014 11:35 AM
Subject: Google Maps Edit: The Salad Bowl (08/02/2014 18:18 PDT)
To: <Jason@gmail.com>
Cc: 

Hi Jason ON, 

Thank you for your suggestion. Upon reviewing your suggested change, we have decided not to apply your suggested change to The Salad Bowl at this time, as we found the existing details to be more appropriate. 

Thanks for your help,
The Google Maps team
So, like last time, let's go through the facts:

  1. The Salad Bowl isn't there. How do I know this? Well, I walk past it every day. Now it's a doughnut shop selling Winchell's doughnuts. Yes, next to a pet store and a gym. Weird, but they do a great business.
  2. The phone number listed for The Salad Bowl, 303 690 5785, actually goes to a Wal-Mart, not to The Salad Bowl. The good news is, Wal-Mart actually answered their phone, the bad news is, they don't make salads to order.
  3. Doughnuts are not salads. How do I know this? I tried putting peppercorn Ranch on a banana cream filled chocolate masterpiece and it was disgusting. Apparently Peppercorn Ranch and banana cream filling don't mix. Who knew?
Again, Google, I know you guys have your algorithms and your street views, but I have eyes and my eyes tell me The Salad Bowl is gone and delicious masterpieces of dough and sugar now fill their space.

I Don't See No Salad Bowl Here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.