When HR Department's Get it WRONG

Okay, so I read this article and the whole time I'm thinking What the bleep?

Sprint could have turned this into a positive PR story but instead chose to fire their employees after they saved the day.

Sprint employees fired for capturing shoplifter - Denver News - The Latest Word

Does your company have a policy that requires you not be a good Samaritan? Is it even legal to have such a policy? I get the safety factor in that HR departments and corporate accountants are worried about medical bills and legal suits, but as the article states: they weren't in the store, they weren't on Sprint time and the thief didn't steal from Sprint.

How is this a bad thing? Has corporate fear of litigation castrated our ability to be good neighbors?

I don't know -- this just kind of annoys me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.