Who Watches What?

Study: Dems watch more TV, Republicans more sports -- The Live Feed | THR

This actually makes sense to me and parallels some of my own thoughts on the issue. What do you think? Do people who tend to watch sports also tend to vote republican? Over the years I've read a couple of studies about the psychology of people who watch sports and the psychologies of police officers/military and voting habits and notices a certain commonality in regards to sports watchers and how people behave in their personal lives.

Religion may be the opiate of the masses, but sports are the shiny object displayed for people so as to distract them from everything else.

If you're watching football, you're not watching the news. If you're watching ESPN, chances are you're not reading the news sections of the paper. And if you're watching NASCAR maybe you shouldn't breed.

But that's just my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.