HOW TO: Cleaning Out the Twitter Garbage

As we all know, I'm not a huge twitter user choosing not to broadcast my life, but to put interesting bits of information out there when I can; but I do have a Twitter account and do post the occasional Tweet, watching Twitter for good information more than tweeting myself.

HOW TO: Spring Clean Your Twitter Account

But, with all things, there are avid users, average users and people who you're not quite sure why they're there in the first place. As much as I don't like posting Mashable articles this one is actually a decent reminder to go though your Twitter account and cull the weakest from the herd. Maybe you followed someone back only to learn they have nothing interesting to say. Maybe you followed a #FF suggestion and that person hasn't posted since 2004 (yes, I know Twitter doesn't go back that far, that's the joke).

Regardless, it's spring time and time to weed out (pun intended) those less desirables. So while you're watching an April shower and dreaming on May flowers, take a moment to stop letting people know you just brushed your teeth or had a bacon and peanut-butter sandwich and go ahead and update your Twitter account. It's good for the soul and if it's not, someone will write a book about it soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.