Stepping on Sharp Pointy Things

UPDATE: Not sure why the images were deleted, but they were. There's a good chance this was a Google+ import and now that Google+ is dead and gone (curse you, Google!) the images disappeared. I don't which images I used here and I don't care enough to go and find them. - 18JAN2023

Was just out walking the dogs and I felt a sharp pierce at the base of my big toe. I didn't think anything of it other than maybe a sliver of evergreen bristle or maybe a goathead snuck into my sandal. A few steps later and it's not shaking loose so I stop and look. Apparently, I'd stepped on some glass and it punctured my sandal enough that a millimeter or two was able to come out the other end and stab my toe.

The piece of glass was pretty difficult to move but with a key I was able to pry it out, but not before I noticed blood everywhere my foot touched down.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

https://dengarden.com/gardening/goat-heads-puncture-vine-sand-burr-removal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.