Waiting, Waiting, Waiting ...

As all my readers know, I've been without a cell phone for about a month now. In fact, tomorrow will be exactly 30 days from the day my previous phone broke. And, as we all know, I ordered a phone used from Amazon only to have it come unusable. So, I boxed it up and sent it back. The return took about a week and Amazon finally reimbursed my money so I ordered a brand new Blackberry Priv just to avoid any further issues with the security features.

While ordering some other things on Amazon I mistakenly clicked the "try Prime for 30 Days" option so I expected my new phone to arrive within three days with their two-day shipping. One day for boxing and shipping and two to arrive. In fact, Amazon sent me an email stating my device should arrive by 8PM on April 13th.

I eagerly awaited the device. Not because I needed a phone, although that would be convenient, but because - new toy! Yes, I just wanted to play with the new tech, explore Blackberry's features and put the new phone through some functional tests.

I checked the USPS as the mail carrier was there and he said he had no boxes for my address. Well, that sucks. A couple of hours later I caught the UPS man while out walking the dogs. He also said he had no package for us, letting me know that Amazon many times uses either Uber and Uber-like service to deliver packages, so my package could come at any time.

Eight PM on April 13th came and went and no delivery.

Look at the time on the Windows Task Bar
On the hope that the Uber-style delivery service was just running later or stuck in traffic I checked the delivery status again hours later and still no delivery. And yet, it had been "out for delivery for nearly 12 hours.


In order to avoid frustrating myself, I stopped looking at the delivery schedule, watched some TV and then went to bed, consigning myself to the fact that I wouldn't get a chance to play with a new device.

At a reasonable hour I went to bed, hoping I'd wake up to a package by my front door, but no, it wasn't to be. Instead I received this email from Amazon:


So, now I'm in a holding pattern again. Maybe it will arrive today, maybe tomorrow. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.