#Trump has come to Denver a couple of times in the past few months and each time I can't up with an excuse not to go...

#Trump has come to Denver a couple of times in the past few months and each time I can't up with an excuse not to go see his supporters in real life. Now I'm thinking, should he return before election day, I'll have to go check the crowd out. Maybe it's my opinion of humanity, but people really can't be this stupid, can they?

Originally shared by Todd Vierling

"Assassination." Let that word sink in for a minute.

These are Trump's base. They are being radicalized, and have a worldview that is getting increasingly more distorted by the day.

I will never support murder, which is what these implications are. No, not even if Trump beats his snowball-in-hell chance. I'm just... I... I can't even.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/10/15/donald-trump-warnings-conspiracy-rig-election-are-stoking-anger-among-his-followers/LcCY6e0QOcfH8VdeK9UdsM/story.html

Comments

I doubt anyone in the UK really thought Brexit would happen, even the people campaigning for it. But it did - unfortunately you can't trust humanity to vote logically anymore, and - I kinda have a theory on why that might be - but I won't wade in here and post it unless you want to hear it :)
Jason ON said…
I want to hear it. I blame recent voting trends on the lack of education funding, usually perpetrated by the GOP.
My feeling is that over the last decade the rise of reality tv has desentisised what people think about voting. 99% of the time they are voting for the outcome of a TV show which does not personally affect them, thus whichever way they vote makes no real difference to the individual. So - in the same way that studies show that constant exposure to violence and bad language and disturbing footage in news reports has essentially had a numbing effect to these things, being asked to vote for everything under the sun with no real consequences has made however you vote seem less important to an individual. If you take shows like Big Brother and XX's got Talent - people don't actually vote for who deserves to win - they vote for who will entertain them the most over the lifetime of the show. From my viewpoint in the UK - it very much looks like people are more interested in the idiot who has the most media attention and says the most shocking things - because - it's entertaining, NOT because they think he can run a country.
MTD said…
Reading through my brother and his family's Facebook page (through my wife's FB page) they would rather vote Trump in, impeach him and then put some heavily religious leaning person in there instead. I read them as wanting religious values placed on everything, and it's the Mexicans fault for low wages and lost jobs. Not to mention he has 6 kids, was on unemployment for over a year and a half, and a strong gun advocate. This is not how I was raised, and I know he is a bright intelligent guy, he's just thinking with his religious beliefs instead of reason.
MTD said…
They are the reason I'm not on Facebook. I just can't put up with family that is so hateful, and bigoted and living solely on "religious values" that suit their needs when they want them to.
Jason ON said…
I'm afraid to go over to Facebook because I don't want to see which of my friends are really really stupid.

That's a very insightful theory, Andrew Jones-McGuire​.
Peter Szakaly said…
If you kill a snake
Cut his head off first

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.