I grew up in Brevard County (and Trump was just there the other day).

I grew up in Brevard County (and Trump was just there the other day). In fact, Port Malabar Elementary isn't too far from my mom's house and had she lived there when I was a kid, I probably would have gone to that school.

The county is very - very - red. My dad, a Trump supporter. My sisters, Trump supporters. My mom ... I seriously doubt she votes. Home to Cape Canaveral, Patrick AFB and dozens of defense contractors, it's very easy to see Brevard's conservative slant. Harris Corporation who built and sold the (illegal) Stingray eavesdropping device? Based in Palm Bay, Florida. That judge who punched a public defender during court? Yep, Brevard County, Florida.

Needless to say, learning that most of these kids voted against Trump shocked me, especially since most kids tend to follow their parent's lead.

Originally shared by FLORIDA TODAY

Fifth-graders at 20 elementary schools across the county took part in a mock election through the Brevard County Supervisor of Elections office.
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/29/one-day-voters-get-taste-2016-election/90847666/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.