T-Mobile


T-Mobile ,

This has been plaguing me all night. Called (from a different phone obviously) Tmo customer service where I worked with a CSR (Miranda). I pulled the battery and SIM and she reset whatever it is she reset.

Suddenly the phone would dial, or at least indicate it would dial, however it never actually connected or rang through.

However, and this was new, if I turned off WiFi the call would go through in cellular.

Turn on WiFi and I can't dial again.

WiFi calling was turned off and had been for months.

Miranda transferred me to tech support and I worked with a Chris.

We went through some trouble shooting where I turned WiFi calling on and I could make calls over WiFi but still not on the cellular network. He suggested rebooting the wifi router when I get a chance.

Watched as the network indicator (bars) jumped up and down from 3 to 0 and even went to the circle with the line through it ala Ghostbusters.

Got off the phone with Chris, tried making some test calls and none of them went through as long as WiFi was on and I was dialing out the cell network.

Then I got this message again (see image) which is the same message which prompted me to call into T-Mobile in the first place.

I have to tell you, this isn't making my day.

I rebooted my phone again and turned on WiFi calling for the rest of the night but I really need cellular calling or what else am I paying you guys for?

Comments

Nate Taylor said…
Lmao at Ghostbusters.. That's a pretty odd issue
Steve Ruge said…
They always say there is no issue reported. Standard tech support tagline. I'd suspect a tower only because TMo is working on Colorado towers to upgrade to 4G.
Jason ON said…
Well, the good news is I'm now on LTE. This morning was the first day I noticed the change.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.