“Jesus” has become the scariest word in my vocabulary because it reminds me that at any moment someone might decide...

 “Jesus” has become the scariest word in my vocabulary because it reminds me that at any moment someone might decide it’s their right to lock me in a room and make me pray.

I've never been locked in a room against my will, but I have been on the receiving end of a social backlash for daring to swim against the current in regards to christianity. Like this girl, I've submitted to customs of praying at friends houses or attending church events with a SO in order to maintain the peace and keep my choice of belief system to myself.

These days I'm older and more sure of myself. If someone tried this with me, they better bring the police with them and be prepared for a lawsuit against unlawful restraint and/or kidnapping.

They preyed on a young woman in a vulnerable state. They should be ashamed of themselves and their actions.
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/it-happened-to-me-my-optometrist-locked-me-in-an-exam-room-and-forced-me-to-pray-to-jesus

Comments

Cory DeVore said…
That is so terrible. God I hate religion and how it poisons the weak minded. You can have your faith but keep it away from me.
Jonathon Barton said…
Matthew Graybosch Did you read the article, Internet Cowboy?
She was 18. 
She was in a darkened room (which was probably not actually locked).
Her eyes had been dilated to the point that she could only see colors and shapes.

What the ever lovin' fuck are you going to do? You can't even do something so simple as standing up and walking out, without doing permanent damage to your eyesight, and you're implying that you're going to draw down on your fucking eye doctor

*Really?*

No wonder atheists (it's not capitalized, dumbass) have a bad rap.

You are as large a part of the problem as they are. You're just on the opposite end of that same bug shaggin' crazy scale.

Or you're just being an Internet Tough Guy, which doesn't really change things.
Steve Ruge said…
Very well stated Jason.
Jason ON said…
Thanks, Steve Ruge. Also, great retort, Jonathon Barton.
Marla Caldwell said…
Creepy religious people are annoying.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.