You know that feeling when you take your dog out for a walk, let him run free for a little while and then bring him...


You know that feeling when you take your dog out for a walk, let him run free for a little while and then bring him home only to catch the occasional whiff of something three-day old dead now and again?

Oh, it doesn't end there.

You know that feeling when you realize your dog is covered in something dead, so much so that his fur looks like someone put gel in it and spiked it up -- just for you?

Oh no, it doesn't end there.

Do you know that feeling when you can't get close enough to your dog, without a gag reflex, in order to give him a bath? So, you grab one of those painter's masks and drag him into the shower stall?

Oh, it get's worse.

Do you know that feeling when you're bathing your dog, using half a bottle of doggie shampoo, and you're pulling the occasional twig or clump of leave out of his fur? Do you know that feeling when you reach for the next one only to realize it's not fur but some sort of flesh that tangled itself within his fur, right under his ear?

::shudder::

Do you know that feeling when you have to use your bare hands to slowly pull out that clump of flesh about the size of a dime, maybe a penny, and you realize there's something hard in there: perhaps bone, perhaps a beak perhaps a shell?

And then the dog gives you a WTF look like I just made myself smell pretty and you're ruining it all!!?

Do you know that feeling when all the windows in the house being open aren't enough to get rid of the stench and all the Febreeze in the bottle isn't enough to clear the air?

Yeah, I know all of this. It's been a great evening.

Comments

Ken Outlaw said…
#Yeah   #BorderCollie s lol    #AustralianShepherds     #HaveBadGas   #SorryGenetics  
#StopFeedingTHEMPeopleFood   #DERP
Jason ON said…
Um, it had nothing to do with food, it had to do with Rufus rolling in something dead.
Ken Outlaw said…
Sure.. But the GAS and the breed and the diet.. 0_o' 

I just don't want my fav breeds to be misrepresented mate.
Jason ON said…
Rufus doesn't have gas, never has.
Jason ON said…
No, Stacy Sanchez, that's: Jason doesn't want to gag in his sleep. :D
Steve Ruge said…
Oh man my Zelda gets bouts of gas that could clear a room and she's only a Border Collie mix.
Theresa Reel said…
laughs I am going with "sucks to be you" :)
Ken Outlaw said…
I'm actually afraid to click that link haha
Jason ON said…
Ah yes, I've seen that before. Dogs in elk... Not funny when you have to clean them afterwards. Although, I'd probably prefer Rufus had rolled around in elk than whatever mystery carcass he found. :D
Jason ON said…
It's always funny when it's someone else. :P
Mark Middleton said…
I can laugh because I've had similar situations with my dog.
Ken Outlaw said…
I imagine sometimes that my 3 Border Collies just run around doing tricks and eating each other's shit and then wait until their tummies start grumbling and then all at once unleash this Hurricanrana of flatulence together.. 

That's what it smells like. 

#TrueStory
Marla Caldwell said…
Yikes. Be thankful your windows open to make ventilation easier. Only two of mine open, which makes it a big challenge to clear out bad odor.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.