The day G+ Communities were launched I received an invitation to join this, and about 10 other, Atheist communities.

The day G+ Communities were launched I received an invitation to join this, and about 10 other, Atheist communities.

Today I finally declined the invitation.

Why?

Because the "About" section says to read the Announcements (of which there are over 70) and the only announcements I saw were Adam S (the community creator) blabbering about all the other Communities he's created and praising this community's numbers, as though it's a popularity game.

It's quite annoying and not something I want to be a part of. Not to mention, another GPlusser was admonished by the moderators (of which there are two for a community of over 12,000) for posting in the community without filling out the "Introduction" section first.

That doesn't sound like a fun place to hang out, to me.

Comments

Erin Joiner said…
I was invited to this a couple dozen times. I finally joined and didn't really interact, but I would see posts pop up in the stream from time to time.

I finally commented on something and posted about the same thing a few minutes later and one of the admins got on me for the way I posted/where I posted and that I hadn't done an intro yet. I ended up doing one, but I was a bitch about it.
Jason ON said…
Dede Craig King, you're not alone. ;)
Jason ON said…
Yeah, and I only scrolled through the first dozen or so, but they were all "follow my other communities" advertisements and "100 more people joined, we're popular!"
Ole Olson said…
Adam is pretty tightly wound, and I think he actually blocked me for some reason, but it doesn't matter. It's a free world. There's a recent reshuffle of the sections in this Atheism Community and another mod, so it might be getting better.
Erin Joiner said…
It was the other mod who yelled at me.
Erin Joiner said…
Meh. He's just a self-righteous douche.
Jason ON said…
I've seen it a couple of times now wherein the moderators in that Community are telling people to introduce themselves, however, as I see it, filling out an Introduction is "recommended" but not any sort of requirement.
Erin Joiner said…
Your Christian SOOOOOOOUL
Rob Gordon said…
Is it still there?  I just looked and there seemed to be only one post, and that was attacking that groups spiritual leader.   Someone said something about it "melting down".
Erin Joiner said…
I had a post in my stream about Adam... whatever his last name is deleting the community. I didn't really care enough to go see if he had.
Jason ON said…
It wouldn't surprise me if the community was deleted. Adam's a nice enough guy but he is a little high strung.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.