Facebook

I don't log into Facebook much. Not much at all, in fact during the months of November and December I took a self-imposed FB hiatus and since January 1st have only logged into Facebook four or five times. 

However, I have logged into Facebook, from this very same laptop from which I'm typing out this blog post; from the very same wifi I've logged into Facebook from for the past few years.

After receiving this first screen response letting me know my account's been locked, I then get the second one telling me I have to confirm my own identity. The first test for me was a captcha, one of those annoying ones that doesn't actually spell out any words, just random letter combinations in odd fonts and skewed positioning to make them practically unreadable. Is that "d" or a "c" next to a "1?"

Surprisingly it worked the first time and then I had to go through 5 pages on random pictures of friends, pictures I wasn't tagged in nor that were in my albums (I don't upload images to FB's servers). Not only that, but some of the pictures didn't even have people in them, just flyers or pictures of cars, that I had to identify who was the owner, or who was tagged in the image.

I swear, had Facebook asked for a photo ID I would have deleted the account right then and there.



Dear Jason, 
Your Facebook account was recently logged into from a computer, mobile device or other location you've never used before. For your protection, we've temporarily locked your account until you can review this activity and make sure no one is using your account without your permission.
Did you log into Facebook from a new device or an unusual location?
 - If this was not you, please log into Facebook from your computer and follow the instructions provided to help you control your account information.
 - If this was you, there's no need to worry. Simply log into Facebook again to get back into your account. 
For more information, visit our Help Center here:
Thanks,
Facebook Security Team
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.