Tessie L'Amour, did you know...?

Comments

Rugger Ducky said…
Thanks for sharing it. Joined. :)
Jason ON said…
I didn't know you used, GIMP, Rugger Ducky.
Rugger Ducky said…
I do, I refuse to keep forking money over to Adobe while they continue to fuck San Jose over on taxes. I paid more in taxes, fees, and utility bills to the city last year than they did, and I rent my house! Fuckers. 

Plus I have always loved digital image manipulation. I majored in art in college, specifically photography, but because it was the mid-late 90s, the only class we got was on Photoshop 2. And the instructor was trying to teach it out of the manual he had clearly never read, so I wound up teaching much of the class I paid to take. Very disappointing. Although it did lead to the very epic argument with my advisor about what is photography. She and I didn't see eye to eye on any of it. 

I was more a photojournalism/human experience sort of person, and she was one of those who hand-colored her B&W prints of small children sharing toys and shit. She had the nerve to tell me that if a photo was edited on a computer, it was no longer real. But oh, perfectly ok for her to pastel paint a fake life. Needless to say, I had a new advisor the next day.
Rugger Ducky said…
She also told me (again, this was circa 1997ish) that digital photography had no future, and wasn't really photography. 

snort
Jason ON said…
I believe it's photography until it's been digitally edited too much, then it's digital art. What's "too much?" I know it when I see it, however, if I thought about it some more I'm sure I could come up with a definition.
Rugger Ducky said…
My personal definition has always been essentially this:

If I can do the exact same thing in the photo lab (like solarization, etc) its still photography. It changes to digital art when I manipulate the actual scene, layout, or make a change I could not make in a lab.
Jason ON Yes, I'm in there. Thanks!
Oh, and what I do is more usually digital art with photographic elements.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.