At this point I think Kickstarter needs the bad press.

At this point I think Kickstarter needs the bad press. How could they blame the victim of a cyberstalker? Shouldn't a real live person review the comments and take action against the spammer?

Originally shared by Erica Joy

Hey cool, if you don't like a Kickstarter project you can just spam it to hell and Kickstarter will delete it.

"Thanks for writing in. If there is any chance that Rachel will receive spam from a stalker on her project, she should not create one. We simply cannot allow a project to become a forum for rampant spam, as her past project became. If this happens again, we will need to discard the project and permanently suspend Rachel’s account."

via http://rachelmarone.com/banned-from-kickstarter-for-being-a-stalking-victim.html
http://rachelmarone.com/banned-from-kickstarter-for-being-a-stalking-victim.html

Comments

#Kickstarter PR FAIL! They will change their position on this very soon Rachel...
Jessica White said…
I agree with Andrij. This is DEFINITELY a PR fumble. My mentor has considered using Kickstarter for his projects, but I would warn him to think twice now. Personally, I'm amazed Kickstarter doesn't have a cyber-bullying, anti-slander protocol in place...
John Bump said…
I quote another poster, rather than claiming this as fact, but: "Apparently a significant fraction of the bizarre posts on her kickstarter page were her own."
Jason ON said…
I just through and read the Reddit stuff, too. I don't know if it's true or not, now. I mean, anyone on the internet can say anything, especially without a screenshot.
John Bump said…
Totally agreed. But with that said, jumping to her defense and savaging Kickstarter for being idiots, may not be justified. We don't know.
Jason ON said…
Agreed. Especially after seeing the other side.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.