Just had my first cup of coffee in more than 20 years (damn, I'm getting old).

Just had my first cup of coffee in more than 20 years (damn, I'm getting old).

Why 20 years? Growing up, my mother's side of the family drank coffee and I tried it once or twice (as we do when we see family doing something) and I didn't care for it. Some said it was my age and tastes, that I would grow to love it.

When I went into the military everyone drank coffee. I tried it then, too. A sip or two. Nasty horrible stuff.

However, I do like cappacinos and frappacinos. Who'd guess?

The other day I tried a coffee (free) sample, dumped a lot of cream and sugar into it and it was passable -- sort of like a warm frappacino.

Today I said what the hell and made a cup of Starbucks instant. Eeegads! This is why I don't drink coffee! This stuff is horrible!

yeck!

Oddly, they claim taste is related to smell and I love the aroma of brewing coffee. Who'd have thunk it?

Comments

Tim Bond said…
I love coffee - but only with more creamer and sugar in it than there is coffee.
Mari Thomas said…
starbucks instant coffee is gross.. try dunkin donuts french vanilla .. or eight oclock bean
Tim Bond said…
The bottom line is, of course, don't drink it if you don't like it. But, if you enjoy the smell, you'd probably enjoy sweetened coffee drinks with milk and such.
Daniel James said…
I only like coffee if it has lots of cream/sugar (I severely dislike black coffee). So I guess I agree with you!
Mari Thomas said…
Daniel James i am just getting to the coffee without cream point.. i am using senseo and it is delicious :D
Beth B said…
I've have also always thought it to be interesting that I love the scent of coffee, but never the taste. About 4 years ago, I was in desperate need of caffeine and stopped into a Conoco (I think it was) and grabbed a toffee cappuccino with a gallon of hazelnut creamer in it and I was hooked for the winter. I was surprised to have liked cappuccino as well, considering I won't even try a sip of regular coffee, even with loads of creamer and sugar. I am proud to say that I am now caffeine free once again!! :-D
Gem F said…
You might try cold brewed coffee sometime and see if you hate that too
Jason ON said…
Gabi Fielden, I have. I didn't.
Theresa Reel said…
I am with you -- scent is good, taste -- nope! tea for me :)
Colin Fosgate said…
You picked the world's worst coffee to try coffee again? I have no idea what Starbucks does to their coffee, but it always has this bitter burnt taste to it. If that was the first coffee I'd ever had, I'd never drink coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.