I don't use Google Now that often and have only recently began playing with Microsoft's Cortana.

I don't use Google Now that often and have only recently began playing with Microsoft's Cortana. Not because I'm some sort of Luddite, but due to the simple fact that I don't want to talk to in inanimate object.

Although, the idea of Amazon's Alexa-enabled Echo did sound intriguing. Imagine coming home and just saying, "Turn on the lights." Or, "Read me the news." No hands, no booting another device, no fuss, no muss. Of course, it's not doing anything some WiFi LEDs and a smartphone app couldn't accomplish or tuning the radio to a news station.

If you haven't guessed already, I'm not the kind of person who needs AI in their life so I highly doubt I'd use something like Viv or even Hound (see link below).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hound.android.app
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/9/11639992/viv-digital-assistant-ai-artificial-intelligence-siri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.