Well, that was a giant pain in the ass, Google Maps.

Well, that was a giant pain in the ass, Google Maps. I recorded a motorcycle route using (not MyTracks, curse you) GPS tracker and tried to share it to Google+.

No bueno.

Apparently, uploading to Drive and then trying to open doesn't actually work, on either Android or via the desktop interface without using a third party "viewer."

In order to make a clickable/sharable (MyMap) I had to download the .kmz/l file to my desktop and import it into the MyMaps creator.

Of all the features that seem like a no-brainer, this is one. I'm fairly certain most consumers need less of the tools to make custom maps in Maps and more basic functionality like sharing a .kmz/l file natively without the sharer having to jump through a bunch of hoops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.