Normally I don't share links that have been shared a gazillion times over, but I wanted to make a point.

Normally I don't share links that have been shared a gazillion times over, but I wanted to make a point.

I wonder which tech writers are going to claim Google (no plus) is dead?

I mean, Hangouts and Photos are decoupled from G+ and YouTube comments get their own system back which naturally means Google+ is being abandoned.

So, Larry Page says the entire company is restructuring which, by tech writer logic, means Google is dying ... right?
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/google-alphabet.html?m=1

Comments

Nobody knows the future of Streams (aka Google+) except for Alphabet.
Terris Linenbach You're wrong. Android and YouTube along with other products will stay under Google.
Nick McIntosh said…
Google = Web. 17 years ago web equaled search. But the Web is much more now.

The entire Web and advertising business will still be under the Google name. And Google+ is yet one more search function and advertising data point for Google. It's not going anywhere.
Jason ON said…
Nick McIntosh, I was taking a pot shot at tech writers.
Nick McIntosh said…
I know. I was agreeing with you in a roundabout way. Rereading my comment, that wasn't obvious. Sorry about that.
Jason ON said…
No worries. It happens.
Nick McIntosh Easy Tiger.
Just looked at the Alphabet intro...I see where you're coming from, Jason ON​, but I think too early to tell.
Terris Linenbach You're missing the point. Android is ads on mobile. Google is in the business of ads. Duh.
A is for Android, where you talk to your friends,
B is for Beta, which never really ends...
Brandon Gibbs said…
Chris Phenomenal Hey buddy... YouTube already has it's own CEO and will be under Alphabet, no longer Google. Nice try though. 

Here's some food for thought... M is for Maps ... D is for Drive (or docs)
Brandon Gibbs Hey champ. YouTube is still under Google.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.