A friend of mins said she caught a show on the History Channel called "The Works" and the particular episode she...

A friend of mins said she caught a show on the History Channel called "The Works" and the particular episode she caught was about motorcycles, specifically motorcycle helmets.

The episode spoke about helmet design, per my friend. Apparently, the most hit place on the head during a motorcycle accident is the chin which is why a lot of motorcycle helmets have reinforced chin areas. The show also brought up the uselessness of skull cap style helmets as well as other open faced helmets.

I couldn't find the episode online anywhere, but I did find this site.  Martin Hackworth (same guy?) is a physicist who rides motorcycles and instigates "anger management issues." 

If you've ever been interested in the physics behind two-wheeled fun machines, then this website might be of interested to you. If you're a lawyer or in court over a motorcycle related injury, he has expert testimony to provide as well.

Check it out.
http://www.motorcyclejazz.com/motorcycle_physics.htm

Comments

Jason ON said…
Yeah, it was an older show. Season 1 episode 8, I believe. I was hoping an (un)authorized version was on YT somewhere, but nada.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.