Killing Me Hungrily

For those of you who are cyber-stalking me, you know I've been busy this past month working a nigh ob in order to make some extra money. It was s short contract (ending last night, or this morning, rather) upgrading a restaurant chain's PCs and servers from WinXP to Win7.

Don't get excited, it's not a fancy or fun restaurant, the chain is a national fast food one with less commercials than it's competitors. In fact, I can't recall seeing a commercial for this particular chain in a long time, maybe a decade.

Sadly, I've put on a few pounds doing this contract. Nearly every restaurant offered me a free meal for being their vendor and not being one to turn down a free meal, I said, what the hell? So, I rearranged my eating habits to account for the late meal, ate early in the evening so the food wouldn't be sitting in my belly when I went to bed in the mornings and tried to eat as light as I could while on site.

Aside from feeling like crap, I wasn't hungry for the past month.

The other night, at one of the stores, the restaurant manager asked me if I wanted something to eat. I said sure and the cooks, Juan and Oscar, said they'd make me something special. Special? I figured they were going to add bacon or extra toppings or maybe a little something off menu to spice it up a bit. Boy, was I wrong.

Killer Burger
They wouldn't let me watch them make it, sending me away each time I tried to catch a peak. Finally, with giggles, they put it in one of those burger boxes some restaurants use and brought it to me. When I opened the box I as a little taken aback. There were no extra toppings, no bacon or special secret sauce. There was, however, a number of patties. Lots and lots of patties.

Holy crap!

This giant six patty monstrosity sat there challenging me while Oscar and Juan laughed. "Are you going to eat it," one of them asked?

"I'm going to try," I said, looking at the burger apprehensively. They both laughed.

In the end I couldn't finish it. Heck, I could barely get my mouth around it and I have a giant mouth. An hour later I was barely though half of the monster burger, believing if I took my time it would go down easier. It didn't. Finally, I tossed the remainder in the trash., hating myself for throwing away food while people in this world are hungry. I won\t tell you how much of it I actually ate because it's embarrassing, so let's just say, a little more than half.

Needless to say, I won't be hungry for a burger for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.