Okay, so I have Windows 8.

Okay, so I have Windows 8.1 and have been using it like Windows 7 for the better part of the few months I've had the new OS. In other words, I've forgone the Metro UX and opted for the old fashioned Taskbar and Start Menu.

However, I've been trying to use more of the Metro tiles. I had no idea what the People app was for, assuming it was some sort of contacts list, but as it turns out, it's more of an aggregated social media feed.

Which sounds nice, but I have to wonder, does Facebook track this app? Will Facebook be adding little nuggets of software to my computer to track what I do, where I go, which browsers I use or my keystrokes?

As you may have guessed, I don't trust Facebook one bit. I have my FB profile locked down and only visit it Incognito on those rare occasions when I do go there (unfortunately, most of my friends are still there and not here).

So, does anyone know how intrusive Facebook is on Windows' People app? Will I be giving up any imaginary privacy if I decide to use the People app?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.