So, I bought a new stator from Rick's Motorsport Electrics.

So, I bought a new stator from Rick's Motorsport Electrics. Now I can't get the grommet off the old stator. I've tried everything I can think of even praying it down with some WD40 to loosed the wires up and give the grommet something to slide on. 

I feel if I use any more force I'm going to destroy the grommet since it already looks like it's tearing a little around the holes.

Any suggestions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OoP2sF0Ib4

Comments

Joe Distefano said…
I would always use a new grommet
Mark Hill said…
Did you cut the old wire near the grommet , so you don't have to slide I'd far?
Next, if the new wires are tight, you could use a small dril bit to open up the holes.
Lastly you might try hot water to expand and soften the grommet.
Jason ON said…
I figured I might need to use a drill to open the holes a bit, but getting the grommet off is the problem. Not sure if hot water will help on rubber....
Mark Hill said…
They might have glued the wires, the hot water(boiling)might break down the glue.
Pablo H. said…
This always works for me when I get stuck:
http://www.pbblaster.com
Jason ON said…
I think Mark Hill might be right. Yesterday I pulled out a knife and tried to gently peel the rubber of the grommet off the wire and it seemed like it might have been melted on.
Jason ON said…
Just ran down to the local Suzuki dealer. Not only can they not order the grommet, but they couldn't get my existing grommet off the old stator. 

This is a giant pain in the ass.
Jason ON said…
Nolan L, this is what I'm talking about.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.