Five Dollar Footlong...? Not so fast.

Usually when I'm hungry on the go and nothing in particular sounds enticing I head on over to my neighborhood Subway and grab whatever strikes my fancy. Generally, I order the $5 of the month, but sometimes, depending on my mood, I order something else.
This doesn't happen all the time, maybe once a week, or so.

Today was one of those days. I was heading back after a meeting when I decided to swing through Subway for a bite to eat rather than (other) fastfood options or something far less healthy. 

Knowing from television commercials the $5 footlong of the month is the Italian BMT I ordered an Italian BMT having not had one in years, generally ordering the Spicy Italian.

My five dollar footlong, coupled with 3 cookies (5+1.25 = 6.25) somehow came out to be $7.84 after taxes were applied. This didn't seem right to me, but I didn't really look at the receipt until I arrived home. I was indeed charged more than $5 for my Italian BMT. In fact, I was charged $6 for the sandwich.

Normally, I would rationalize this as some franchises not participating in the special but their sign behind the counter clearly listed the BMT as the $5 footlong of the month.

Yet, I paid $6.

I filled out the tellsubway.com survey, but there were no questions about my receipt reflecting my order, so I didn't get a chance to really get into details there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.