So, There Was a Google+ Update

Something with more "Stream control." In other words, Google gave us the ability to control how much and what content (based on Circle) we want to see in our Stream. This included the ability to see everything from a given Circle, see nearly nothing from a given Circle and to adjust between these two extremes.

They gave us the ability to Mute individuals, too. However, unlike the Mute of old, this new one doesn't remove their posts from your stream, it merely prohibits the individual from force-notifying you. Let me explain: if you have a person who normally sends you a notification of their posts (and some people abuse this, while others are welcome) this new Mute allows you to restrict those proactive notifications.

Cool, huh?

I had a  little trouble with the new features at first. I went to a particular Circle, slid the slider over this way and that and finally set it back on the "middle" setting where it began. However, I kept getting notifications every. single. time. someone. posted. to. that. circle.

It was annoying and exhausting. That particular Circle has over 1400 people in it!

I refreshed the page and even logged out and back in hoping the setting would take. Nothing. I kept getting notifications. Gah!

I went back to that Circle and noticed the final move, back to the middle, hadn't been accepted and the slider was stuck on "send me every single post this Circle makes." I moved it over (again) and viola, it worked like a charm!

Anywho, that was my experience. For a deeper understanding of exactly what happened with the Google+ update, go to this LINK at Viante! They took a lot longer to make a really good blog post about the newer features, with screenshots and everything. They're all cool like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.