A sad, shameful part of American history that should, st the very least, remind us all that nothing ever changes but...

A sad, shameful part of American history that should, st the very least, remind us all that nothing ever changes but the technology.

Originally shared by Brandon Downey

Dorothea Lange, most known for Migrant Mother, also photographed the internment camps of Japanese Americans during World War II. Her photos were impounded, because they (very clearly) expressed a point of view, and the injustice and abuse of our fellow citizens and human beings was writ by light into the dark frames of the negatives.

Made public years later, they show us the power of a point of view.

https://anchoreditions.com/blog/dorothea-lange-censored-photographs
https://anchoreditions.com/blog/dorothea-lange-censored-photographs

Comments

I was at Tulelake segregation center on my ride. The place is still used today to house illegal aliens before deportation. Newll California. A bleak desolate nothing. It was barely a wide spot in the road.
Jason ON said…
Colorado had at least one of these camps and while I've never been to it (I keep meaning to) I have been to a local museum that had a recreation of the barracks found there.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.