I've noticed this on G+ as well.

I've noticed this on G+ as well. Memes, Sendcards ( or whatever they're called) and others trying to convey a thought in way less than 140 characters.

Heck, I've even laughed at a few.

However, are these things destroying the foundation of communication and that being the ability to create a coherent thought and express it in a manner that can withhold criticism?

I think so. Go ahead, find one of these things in your stream or wall or wherever and disagree with the sentiment. Call it an experiment if you want. Watch how the OP or their adherents will treat you.

The art of communicating respectfully and with discussion seems to be dwindling.

The Writing on the Wall: How Facebook is destroying our capacity for political debate. http://google.com/producer/s/CBIw8ZnwsQE
http://google.com/producer/s/CBIw8ZnwsQE

Comments

Jonathon Barton said…
Too many words. Can you convey the gist in a meme, pleaseandthankyou?
Nate Taylor said…
I think I shall conduct your little experiment... In hopes you are correct. That sounds fun. :)
Jason ON said…
I've done it with Atheist ® and really got their panties in a bunch, but let's face it, their little one-liner meme thing wasn't factual or accurate which is where atheism is supposed to excel.

Some guy posted a cards  about the gloriousness of beards. I said beards are for people who are too ugly to go outside without covering their face.

That one opened a firestorm of bearded backlash. Granted, in their defense, if you don't really know my sense of humor it might have come off as antagonistic.
Nate Taylor said…
LMAO!
Like I said, some people forget its just the webz.. I will admit though, the beard comment ruffled my feathers a bit.. Then I laughed.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.