Alrighty boys and girls, I just added a bunch more people to the community.

Alrighty boys and girls, I just added a bunch more people to the community. 

A hearty Welcome to those of you newly in!

For those of you who didn't make it, let me once again reiterate my policy on letting people into this community:

This is a motorcycle rider's community.

I peruse each and every person's Profile before admitting them to the fun. If you're profile doesn't have something indicating you're a motorcycle rider (and by something I mean anything at all) then I'm not letting you in. Sorry.

This could be pictures, posts about riding or even something in your About section citing your love of two-wheeled transportation.

Like I said, anything.

But I Do Love Motorcycles! It's right there in my name!

Yes, you're username is motorcycle-this or Rider-that but then we get into your profile a little more. Are you posting? If not, then why do you want to be a part of this community? 

Are you only posting one thing -- such as an advertisement for your goods or services? 

While I understand a need to promote your business, I'm sort of anti-spam in my personal stream and very anti-spam when it comes to a Community I and the other moderators curate. Again, I look at all the Profiles. Your business can talk about motorcycle riding without marketing your business every single post. 

But I love motorcycles and riding even though my profile doesn't say so!

The put such information in your Profile. I don't post exclusively about motorcycle riding and I don't expect anyone else to, either. However, there needs to be something, anything that indicates you're a motorcycle riding enthusiast: photos, videos, something.

A couple of you newbies (yeah, I said newbies) did get in because you were borderline on your Profiles and I decided to err on the side of caution. If I, or any of the other moderators, feel you're being too spammy we will ask you to stop. If you don't stop, you'll be deleted from the Community.

Anywho, happy riding!

Comments

Denisa Lane said…
Thanks for accepting me in! Looking forward to hanging out with fellow (and other women) riders =)  BTW, I'm in the Western Arkansas/Eastern Oklahoma area. Great mountain riding here!
Tony Ratagick said…
Thanks for the add. Pretty sure I wasn't one of the borderline cases :-)
Jason ON said…
Nope, Tony Ratagick. :)
Sash Walker said…
Jason ON "However, there needs to be something, anything that indicates you're a motorcycle riding enthusiast: photos, videos, something" Ummm, is there anything in life BESIDES motorcycling?? I can't think of anything else important except sex and chocolate. . . . food maybe.
Paul M Edwards said…
Tina Walker I always say that riding is the 2nd best thing to do on Earth. The first being one of the other items in your list.
I would, however, place my relationship with #JesusChrist  above all.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.