Part 1 -- HDR Shooting


Does anyone shoot HDR?

Setting Up Your Digital Camera For HDR Shooting

There are times where the HDR technique can be a boon, such as in high-contrast areas, but it seems to me a lot of photographers are using it to cover-up their lack of photography skills.


I guess, if one lacks actual camera know-how, one could learn to use post-processing software.


But this is just my opinion. I started with film and still think about things like light and exposure, ISO and composition when I shoot. Most of the post-processing I do is something simple, something Picasa can do quickly.

Like I said, HDR has it's place but I've been seeing it all over the place with people using it in just about every situation to make their "pictures better" without actually working on their photography technique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.