Now We Are Playing With Power

For those of you paying attention, you know that my truck has had some recent electrical problems.  Fine.  I deal with it, I mean, my truck is 14 years old so a little problem now and again is to be expected.

At first I thought the alternator (which is just over a year old) wasn't charging the battery, but it was putting out the right amperage to get the job done.  Then I thought it was the cable between the alternator and the battery and after a quick nip and splice it seemed to be working fine.  Until it wasn't.  Then, dead set on just buying a new $30 cable from GM, an electrician friend of mine said he'd properly splice it together (read: solder) with a proper end-piece.  Which seemed to work fine, until it didn't.  Then this weekend my truck just stopped working.  No lights, no beeeeeeeeeeeeep when the key's in the ignition, no power windows or locks.  So, I take the battery down to the auto parts store for a charge and 10 minutes in the battery fails.  The technician restarts the test and sure enough it fails again.  Bad battery.

So, I call Ed Bozarth Chevrolet whom I've always had good luck with and they tell me my battery is still under warranty.  Woo Hoo!  I don't have to buy a new battery.  Well, not a whole one at least as I think it's pro-rated.

Anywho, maybe this will get my heat working again.  Denver in the winter without heat in your vehicle sucks. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.