Failure to Communicate?

For those of you paying attention I've been fulfilling a contract on a local AF base with the Family Readiness Center.  I was asked by the NOC in the office to call a list of family members of deployed soldiers and airmen whom the center did not have email addresses for and invite them to a Deployed Family Event this Friday and if possible to get their email addresses as well.

Okay.

As it turns out, the deployed family event is NOT open to all.  Many of the contacts I have are for the parents of deployed service members and therefore do not have dependent ID cards and the deployed family event is making no arrangements to have them sponsored on post for the dinner.

I was kind of dumbfounded at this lack of pre-planning especially after I called and either left messages for or spoke with about 20 people who may come.  And then the NCO explained how he was not sending out an email RSVP confirmation to the registered family members  who have already said they would show confirming the date, time and location of the event as well as ID card requirements.

And why are they hosting an event for family members of deployed service members on post knowing some might be able to attend due to these requirements?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.