Stacy Sanchez

Stacy Sanchez,

This is the comment that I couldn't get to post on your GoPro post:

I like it. It's an older "bullet" style, but it has a nice large slider for recording, which comes in handy; records GPS data of what I'm doing that can then be overlaid on the video and while not waterproof, it water resistant.

This is the one I have: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/119594

And in this video you can see the overlay in the lower left hand corner. I bought it for motorcycle riding and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCjsLdJHgs

This video also demonstrates the sensors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6P74o0ppqc

With their latest cameras, Garmin has followed GoPro's lead and gone square, or cube, shaped. I have GoPro adaptors so I can use my GoPro accessories and since I have a Garmin smart intelligent watch I can perform basic functions from my wrist such as start/stop (recording).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6P74o0ppqc

Comments

Stacy Sanchez said…
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I want to look at this option more.
Jason ON said…
For what it's worth, I called Garmin yesterday because the band on my fitness watch (Vivosmart HR) broke and I needed a replacement. The customer service rep ordered me a new one and is having it shipped at no cost to me. Our conversation went as thus:

Him: Thanks for calling Garmin, how can I help?
Me: My Vivismart ban broke.
Him: Do you have a serial number?
Me: Yep, xxx-xxx-xxx.
Him: Okay, I'll have a new out to you in a few days. Thanks for calling Garmin.

I have to tell you, if I ever need anything Garmin sells, I'm buying it from them. Great customer service.
Stacy Sanchez said…
Jason ON that's unusual in this day and age. I just dealt with some crap and good customer service created lifelong customers, regardless of problems. Stuff happens. It's how you deal with it that counts.
Jason ON said…
Exactly. I'll never wonder about buying Garmin again. Unless it changes in the future, but for now I'm their customer.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.