I love it when Christians claim persecution.

I love it when Christians claim persecution. Apparently religious rights are necessary, and all, except when other religions assert their rights. All of a sudden secularism seems mighty dandy.

See also: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/02/05/how-the-satanic-temple-forced-phoenix-lawmakers-to-ban-public-prayer/
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/pro-bible-district-changes-mind-about-religion-in-school-after-being-forced-to-hand-out-satanic-fliers/

Comments

Michael Meyer said…
The funny thing is the Pledge of Allegiance or any pledge is a Prayer, with the exception of Johnson & Johnson Lemon Pledge that I use to clean my Motorcycle with. But then that might be construed as a prayer to the god of adventure...
Jason ON said…
No, a pledge is a pledge; you're thinking of all prayers as being wishes.
Michael Meyer said…
Jason ON It blends together Pledges, Meditation, Prayer's. are all about focusing yourself. like the diff between biker and motorcyclist.  I guess it really depends on how it is intended and used. Islam is peace or conquest and genocide.
Jason ON said…
Christianity is peace, or conquest and genocide. However, pledge is an active action with intent. A prayer is asking for something. Like a wish.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.