This is an amazing article that everyone (in the United States should be forced to read, especially if you believe...

This is an amazing article that everyone (in the United States should be forced to read, especially if you believe the criminal justice system is infallible.

Over the years I've read bits and pieces of things that made it into this article, such as eyewitness testimony reliability, forensics, prosecutorial and police misconduct as well as many others. In fact, about the only new information I found in this article was the section on juries.

This is why I can't support the death penalty and why I always give the benefit of the doubt to the defendant. With all the layers involved with prosecuting someone, with multiple points of failure in each layer, how can we trust the system is 100% or even 90% accurate when lives of not only the accused but their families as well, are on the line?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/07/14/12-reasons-to-worry-about-our-criminal-justice-system-from-a-prominent-conservative-federal-judge/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.